This week’s guest on the Accounting Success Podcast is Mario Costanz, founder and CEO of Happy Tax, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2017 Fastest Growing Tax Business.
For those unaware, Happy Tax is a relatively new but potentially very disruptive player in the tax preparation space. Mario is leveraging technology and innovation to provide a convenient, transparent and reliable service for taxpayers while changing the roles and ownership structure for franchisees. The concept is quickly proving itself. Happy Tax is growing faster than over 3,000 other franchisors in the United States.
Check out our conversation here: https://itun.es/us/32T9db.c
In two short years, Happy Tax has over 600 franchisees, independent contractors and area representatives. We talked with Mario about his diversified past, his exciting present, and what’s in store for the future including:
- How a high school dropout invented a new business model that turns the tax prep industry on its head
- How to go from zero to Entrepreneur magazine’s fastest growing tax business in a little over two years
- How he discovered his true calling while working as a New York City sanitation worker
- The 6-week tax class that spearheaded Mario’s career
- The lightning bolt idea that became Happy Tax
- 3 reasons clients are attracted to Happy Tax over H&R Block and other tax preparers
- Ways CPAs partner with Happy Tax to better serve their clients
- Valuable lessons learned from business failures
Judging by traditional measures, one may not have predicted business success for Mario Costanz. Long before becoming a successful businessman, Mario was a high school dropout and New York City garbage collector. An entrepreneur at heart, he tried a number of other businesses, and eventually ventured into the tax business. Eventually he bought a Liberty Tax franchise and became the #1 ranked franchisee in the country.
He started Happy Tax based on an innovative and patent pending business model that’s already shaking up the tax prep industry. The company combines convenient come-to-your-door service, along with accurate, reliable and professional tax returns prepared by CPAs with a minimum of 5 years of training and experience.
The Accounting Success Podcast is available on iTunes and airs Wednesdays at 11:00 am. You can listen anytime by going to https://itun.es/us/32T9db.c and downloading the latest episode. Or, you can tune in on YouTube on The Accounting Success channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf8iui-YUVIhTxVCSItxV0w