My guest this week on the Accounting Success Podcast is Ken Cerini, Managing Partner of Cerini & Associates, based in Long Island, New York.
Ken has one of those great American success stories, literally starting his practice in a garage – with a table, two folding chairs and a computer – and growing it into the dynamic, innovative firm that it is today.
Check out our conversation here: https://itun.es/us/32T9db.c
Ken has won numerous awards, and has been quoted in publications such as the New York Times, Newsday, Long Island Business News, and the Long Island Press.
Some highlights of our conversation include:
- Why his office décor style is 12th Century Medieval, complete with swords and armor
- What his wife told him when he announced his plan to leave the security of a Big 4 job to become an entrepreneur and business owner
- How long he worked a side hustle paper route job while establishing his new CPA firm
- Why he tells his staff that their job should not be the most important thing in their life
- Business lessons learned from rock climbing
- Why he’s seeking cemeteries and wineries as clients
Besides being Managing Partner, Ken is responsible for the firm’s not-for-profit and educational providers practice group. In addition to his extensive audit experience both at Ernst & Young, LLP, and Cerini & Associates, Ken has been involved in providing consulting services for nonprofits and educational facilities of all sizes throughout New York State. He is an expert in preschool special education. His specialties also include Forensic audits and fraud investigations.
Cerini & Associates is a full service accounting firm with a staff of nearly 50, four partners, and a foundation built on value-added ideas and integrity. The firm serves many industries, including healthcare, nonprofit, technology, special education, startups, school districts, and construction, among others.
The Accounting Success Podcast is available on iTunes and airs Wednesdays at 11:00 am. You can listen anytime by going to https://itun.es/us/32T9db.c and downloading the latest episode. Or, you can tune in on YouTube on The Accounting Success channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf8iui-YUVIhTxVCSItxV0w