With us this week is Jody Padar, CEO and Principal of the New Vision CPA Group, based in the Chicago area.
Jody is a radical pioneer and “change agent” who specializes in shaking up the accounting profession. If it feels like she is singlehandedly trying to drag the accounting profession into the 21st Century, well… maybe she is. Within her own firm, Jody has embraced cloud services and social media to shift the way she serves clients. Jody and her team provide proactive financial insight and practical strategies to their clients in real-time, not just during tax season.
Check out our conversation here: https://itun.es/us/32T9db.c
Jody is a highly sought after speaker and thought leader. She is the author of The Radical CPA: New Rules for the Future-Ready Firm, a book that sparked a movement within the accounting profession. She’s also about to release her second book, so I asked Jody to give us a little sneak peek. We examined the progress she has seen in the past 2 ½ years since her first publication.
- The rude waking awaiting her when she joined her father’s accounting firm
- How an old-fashioned 1040 firm begat a cutting edge ‘future-ready’ firm
- How Jody leverages social media to bring on the right clients
- Who inspired Jody by saying, “You are the future of the profession.”
- How to use firm culture to drive transformation
- Secrets to embracing an implementation mindset
- One radical idea that Jody thinks will change the game in the industry – hint: it may already be in your kitchen
- Why Jody is not worried about Baby Boomers retiring and there not being enough trained accountants to replace them
Jody is a regular contributor to a number of industry publications, including CPA Trendlines and Accounting Today, where she offers practical tips and advice on running a next-generation firm. For 5 years running she’s been named by Accounting Today as among the “Top 100 Most Influential to the Profession.” She has written for Forbes and is a regular contributor to Intuit’s QuickBooks’ Blog. She has also been interviewed by Inc., USA Today, International Business Times, The Washington Post, and CNNMoney.
Jody also has her own radio show called “Let’s Get Radical,” and works in partnership with several leading technology companies to spread the word about “digital CPAs.”
In her spare time she is an adjunct professor at Oakton Community College and a contributing member of the Intuit Trainer Writer Network.
The Accounting Success Podcast is available on iTunes and airs Wednesdays at 11:00 am. You can listen anytime by going to https://itun.es/us/32T9db.c and downloading the latest episode. Or, you can tune in on YouTube on The Accounting Success channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf8iui-YUVIhTxVCSItxV0w