This week’s guest is John Bly, the founding partner, CEO and leading visionary of LBA Haynes Strand in Greensboro, North Carolina.
LBA Haynes Strand has been built through a series of mergers and acquisitions. The firm made Inc. 5000’s list of the nation’s fastest growing privately held companies for 3 consecutive years, and ranks as one of the Top 25 CPA Firms in the Charlotte Region with three locations and over 70 professionals on staff.
Check out our conversation here: https://itun.es/us/32T9db.c
John shared some great stories and offered insights on:
- How to grow a firm through 13 mergers and acquisitions
- Why he’s more entrepreneur than CPA
- The benefits to clients and accountants of simplified, all-inclusive pricing
- An underused growth strategy that’s less risky and provides a quicker payout than more common strategies
- What John considers his best business decision in his career
- How outside experts can push your growth forward
John is a graduate of the Entrepreneurial Masters Program at MIT, a past recipient of the “Managing Partner Elite” Award from Accounting Today, and sits on the Global Board of Directors for the Entrepreneurs’ Organization. John is also the co-founder and Managing Director of LBA Haynes Strand Capital Advisors, which focuses on the capital needs of small to mid-sized companies.
In his spare time John is an author. He wrote the acclaimed book, Cracking the Code: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Growing Your Business Through Mergers and Acquisitions for Pennies on the Dollar.
The Accounting Success Podcast is available on iTunes and airs Wednesdays at 11:00 am. You can listen anytime by going to https://itun.es/us/32T9db.c and downloading the latest episode. Or, you can tune in on YouTube on The Accounting Success channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf8iui-YUVIhTxVCSItxV0w